4/18/11

An Exhibition

Two weeks ago I visited a philatelic exhibition named "Japan Philatelic Week". In addition to stamps, the exhibition hosted some origami artists, who displayed traditional as well as their own origami pieces. During the exhibition, a donations for Japan earthquake and tsunami victims were collected. Each donator received an origami crane in returm. The stamps and origami were beautiful, but, unfortunately, I didn´t take my camera, so to illustrate how beautiful Japanese stamps could be, I took some from Post Japan website:



Photos of origami displays belong to this lady. Her work is also displayed at the exhibition, and she is, by the way, a member of British Origami Society. 
Thank you, Sanja!



When I get home, I was inspired to make this origami basket.



No comments:

Post a Comment